Hey guys. It’s been a hard life. But I’m here to talk about what the fuck we’re going to do next.
If you haven’t checked out the Youtube yet do so. We have plenty of gaming related stuff. Mostly Marvel 3 stuff but we have other things too. We intend to have some Let’s plays sometime soon as well. Just let us know what we should do.
Also, you’ll see some shorts or some other nice things as well. You’ll also get our features as well. Why not use Vimeo? We’re not a bunch of fucking hipsters here.
2. Everything Else: The Warriors Path
Yes, this is the last part of the series. It’s been fun but we have bigger and better things ahead of us. The will be casting notices and whatnot very soon as I lock down these main roles. Everyone seems to be loving the new script thus far and I couldn’t be more proud. Nothing but high hopes and good things for this movie.
3. Dating for the Realistically Challenged
This is he I’ve been working on for quite some time. What do we get when we combine the mentally I’ll with speed dating? The result is just all kinds of fucked up… To say the very least. This will be shot Ina single day during the summer. And it will be quite sick.
4. A Hint of Cherry
I have been working on this off and on for the past couple of years. Its about vampires with some really questionable tastes. Hopefully we will have this filmed soon as well.
5. Dat Journalism
I’m jumping back into reviews. Gaming, movies, etc. I will also be doing con coverage starting with C2E2 next month. I will also be at Anime Midwest and GenCon Indy this year. If you see me around, shoot me a holler.
Its going to be an awesome year. Let’s rock.
I’m in need of some encouragement and so are other members of the A Hint of Cherry crew. I just want to reflect on the hardships.
Dance Dance Revolution: The Warrior’s Path was a pretty original experience. But really not one I ever want to repeat. Since it was so obscure we were able to get next to nothing fund-wise… I wasn’t able to get the staff or the awesome actors I really wanted (Not saying I didn’t luck the fuck out and get some cool ones anyway ).
The film was nothing more than guerrilla filmmaking at sadly it’s very finest. It’s a fun thing to do, but not for a Goddamn feature, shit. It was insane. But we made it through and I think we’re all better people from it.
Oh, and protip: When your director gives you a comment. Hell, if ANYONE gives you a compliment, don’t turn right around and insult him. Just sayin’.
I always want to try and put my actors and whoever is working for me in a position to succeed. Directors, if you’re just trying to create art and doing so at the cost of your cast and crew… you’re really fucking doing it wrong and need to find a new line of work. I personally make sure I get everyone I work with all the exposure they can, even if it means taking a back seat to your own work to promote them. This is what being an awesome filmmaker is all about. If you make them look good, you’ll look good for picking them up. This is why I still handpick my cast now, if I ask you, be honored because I’m about promote the fuck out of you.
Now that that’s all out of the way, it’s time for a list of sorts. Why is no one going to work for me for free… anymore.
1. You actors are fucking weird.
- This isn’t really a problem
- Yeah, you’ll some weird fuckers. Talented but weird.
- You all deserve it for the things I make you do and say, I know some of them aren’t easy.
- All I really need you all to do is show up and say stuff, some money will guarantee that happens. I’m sorry, I don’t trust human beings. I like dogs.
- Actors are weird.
2. Stress Level
- Nothing is worse than making a film and realizing you have absolutely no one with a particular talent you need. This makes you have to pull these talents out of your ass and that’s not too great a feeling… ever. Fuck that shit.
3. Production Value
- DDR had some pretty good production values actually. Though sometimes we had to go to great lengths in AWFUL ASS places (like Northwest Indiana, fuck that place.)
- Filming at this apartment sucks. Lots of random variables. With some funds, we can get some places that are a little more… well, better. Yes. More better #grammar
So yeah, I think that’s a nice and entertaining breakdown of where I am film-wise. I hope you all enjoyed it.